Panadol drops a prescribed oral medicine that is a leading brand introduced by Australia. It helps the children to feel better from fever. Panadol infant drops work faster on the babies to provide relief. Panadol formula contains the active ingredient as paracetamol.
Panadol children drops are color-free and do not contain any artificial color. For fever treatment, it takes just 15 minutes to work. A dosing device is available along with the product, which is marked in ML so that dosage should be provided easily and correctly.
How to use it?
Follow the following directions while using the Panadol drops for children of age in between 1 month to 1 year.
- Read all the instructions available on the leaflet.
- Shake the Panadol drops well.
- Use the dosing device to provide an accurate dosage.
- Take the dosage based on children’s age (or from the table provided on the carton or prescribed by the doctor).
- Also, seek medical suggestions for the children having age under six months.
- It can be given with juice or water to your children.
- After giving dosage to your child, wash your hands and the dosage device.
Panadol drops uses for children having age 1 month to 1 year are given below.
- Panadol drops are used to provide fast and effective relief from fever and pain.
- It provides relief from the pain associated with teething, headache, immunization.
- Panadol drops for earaches are also used.
- It is also used for the treatment of symptoms of cold and fever.
- It is used for the treatment of muscle aches.
Panadol drops dosage for the children having age in between 1 to 3 months and having the average weight 4-6 kg is 0.6-0.9ml. For children having age 3-6 months with an average weight of 6-8kg is 0.9-1.2mL. The children of age 6-12 months with an average weight of 8-10kg is 1.2-1.5mL.
Panadol drops dosage for children having age in between 1 to 2 years with an average weight of 10-1kg is 1.5-1.8mL.
This drug is used to treat mild to moderate pain (from headaches, menstrual periods, toothaches, backaches, osteoarthritis, or cold/flu aches and pains).
Panadol drops are contraindicated in the following condition.
- Panadol drops are contraindicated to children having age under 1 month.
- It is contraindicated if you are giving the medicines to your children containing paracetamol.
- It is contraindicated to the children having liver or kidney problems.
- Avoid giving the Panadol drops if children weigh less than 4kg or above 12 kg.
- Immediately stop the medicine if you notice a severe reaction.
Availability of the Panadol Drops
The Panadol drops availability in Pakistan is usually found in the pharmacy stores. There are very few chances that it may be available in online stores. Panadol drops price in Pakistan is affordable.
Summary of the Product
The above discussion shows that follow the doctor’s prescription regarding dosage and safety advice to obtain beneficial results.