Those who have been there would agree that nausea is a very unsettling experience to go through. Being nauseous doesn’t only physically fatigues you, but it also drains the nutrients and nourishment out of you.
Feeling nauseous for once is horrible, but going through it for the course of time can be an absolute nightmare. Trust us; you wouldn’t want to go there. To solve this problem, we have got the ultimate saviour to save you from the nauseous doom, the one and only, Gravinate syrup.
Gravinate syrup is an antiemetic and antihistaminic medicine, and contains the salt Dimenhydrinate; the gravinate formula is believed to be the most effective treatment for those who suffer from nausea and various allergic reactions. Dimenhydrinate relieves vomiting by affecting the nausea centre in the brain.
Gravinate uses include;
- Vertigo and related symptoms
- mainly to control and relief nausea
And related symptoms that might be caused by and due to;
- motion sickness in adults
- pregnancy; gravinate in pregnancy is used to relieve constant sensations of nausea that can’t/couldnot be remedied otherwise.
- Children’s motion sickness
Gravinate indications in some cases include;
- Allergic reactions
- allergic rhinitis
- runny nose
- itchy, watery, red and puffy eyes, and
- skin allergies like eczema
- it can also be used to relieve stress,
- anxiety, and
- trouble sleeping.
It can be said that gravinate can be used either as an antiemetic, i.e. using gravinate for vomiting or as an antihistaminic, i.e. using gravinate for allergies. However, the use of gravinate for allergies isn’t much popular and is very rare.
It is imperative that medicines be taken according to their prescribed dosage. Gravinate syrup should be taken as prescribed by the physician. Gravinate dose in pediatric should be closely administered by the physician. In the case of the missed dose, do not overdose.
Take gravinate dose 2 hours after a meal, and for motion sickness half-hour before travelling.
Gravinate dose in pediatric is administered according to the weight. 5mg of gravinate syrup can be administered orally per kg by weight in children. However, this amount should be divided into 2 to 3 doses daily. This makes 4ml per dose.
For adults, one dose as prescribed by the doctor lasts for 4 hours.
- Alcohol consumption should be avoided during the course of time while this medication is used.
- Any underlying health conditions should be discussed with the doctor before the prescription of this medicine.
- Do not use while driving.
- This medication can cause a decrease in alertness, so make sure not to work with complex machinery.
Do not increase or decrease the dosage on your own. Complete the entire course of medicine as prescribed by the doctor even if the condition improves. Leaving the medicine in the middle of the course could trigger an adverse immune response. Take the appropriate dose of medicine as prescribed by the doctor, in measured amounts. In case the condition worsens after taking this medicine or in case of overdose, rush to the nearest health care centre or hospital immediately.
Certain medications do not sit well with the body when mixed with other drugs. Gravinate syrup can show adverse results if mixed with skin allergy ointments like diphenhydramine, which contain antihistamines. Other drugs include
- Pain killers
- Opioids like alcohol or marijuana
- Antihistamines like cetirizine
- Muscular pain relievers
- Cough or allergy medicines which might contain antihistamines.
It must also be noted that Gravinate can also produce false negatives or might also interfere with laboratory test results. Hence it should not be taken for at least 72 hours before the laboratory tests.
Gravinate syrup can easily be purchased from pharmacies. In case of unavailability, it can be purchased online as various online websites are selling it. Being the basic treatment for nausea and vomiting, it is often prescribed by doctors and is easily available in the market. The gravinate syrup price in Pakistan is also economical.